Sunday, March 14, 2010

Running Week in Review (and look ahead) - week of March 8


I had a great running week! Perfect! Awesome! I hit every run.

So, I did:

Monday - six miles including 6 strides
Tuesday - ten miles including 4 x 1 mile intervals at 5K race pace
Wednesday - SRD
Thursday - ten miles tempo (was supposed to be easy, but because of lack of time, I turned it into a tempo run)
Friday - five recovery pace after dark
Saturday - 21 miles. Yes, 21 miles.
Sunday -

It was a drizzly, misty, grey day. I did four 5.25 mile loops around my house. The best thing for me is that I seem to recall reading that your time for a 21-mile LSR is approximately what you can expect your marathon race time to be. I've been hoping that I'll finish under 4:20. I did not look at my time at all during the 21 miles, only my heart rate. I did it in 4:17.

Next week I have:

Monday - 8 miles inclusive of 5 half-mile intervals at 5K race pace
Tuesday - 8 miles
Wednesday - SRD
Thursday - 4 recovery + 6 strides
Friday - 8 miles
Saturday - 17 long

No comments: