Sunday, March 14, 2010

Notice Name Nurture - Sunday, March 7, 2010



Today's NNN is very apt. I did this LAST Sunday (actually on March 7 and it is now actually March 14). At church on the 7th, our pastor was talking about NNN and talking about naming the negatives as well. Well, I'm naming one of mine: I am lazy.

Notice: how things just don't get done when they should.
Name: Lazy
Nurture: well, I'm assuming that I'm not going to nurture the lazy, but rather nurture the working to not be lazy.

Yes, I am lazy and I'm not saying that in a self-deprecatory manner. I am lazy. I don't want to do the mundane, boring, but necessary things. I don't feel less than for that, but I am aware of it. I need to do a much better job getting those mundane, boring things done rather than just letting them sit.

Washing the dishes is taking care of my family. It brings peace into MY life. How much nicer to have a clutter-less kitchen than one that feels chaotic. So, I will be working on this issue.

No comments: