Thursday, October 28, 2010

Team Rasmo Cousins Trip HAWAII, Day Three Monday

This morning got us up early so that we could drive to Waipio to go for a horseback ride up the valley.

Upon arrival, we were able to sample many different tropical fruits that were growing wild on the farm. Lauren tried passion fruit. She thought it looked gross (it did), but tasted good. It took a bit to get her to try. We also tried wild bananas, starfruit, oranges, and guava.






While we waited, we also played with the farm dog.



The drive to the stables was beautiful, but the road was very steep.






In the valley are wild horses that are descendant from the horses brought over by the Spaniards.




My kids were scared. Lauren has gone horseback riding before and even went to a week of horse camp, but one of the guides was playing up the danger part and she got spooked. Jonathan, who has never done a horse ride, ended up refusing. Eric stayed back with Jonathan and threw rocks in the stream while we rode.




Near the end of the trail ride, we returned to the stables and picked up Eric and Jonathan (who was now willing to ride on the back of my horse) and for an additional 15 minute ride through the farm.



Upon our return, the family units split up and did their own thing for lunch. We had a loose plan to meet at the pool in the resort. We ate lunch and then took to the water slide.





After some water sliding, we found Cameron and Mads (along with Brooke).



Cameron and I have been having a bluffing game with regard to alcohol. I've been offering to him that I would buy him alcohol (knowing he would refuse) and he has been calling my bluff. So, when one of the waitresses walked by offering tropical drinks, I ordered two ALCOHOLIC (no, really make them virgin) lava flows. She brought back the (VIRGIN) drinks and I made sure that they were really ALCOHOLIC, right?, drinks. Then offered one to Cameron to call him on his bluff.

I WON! He conceded. But, he still had his brother try it first because he knew that I've never give a three-year-old an alcoholic drink. And, then he tried it. And liked it. And, I WON!

Now, I'm moving to harassing him about pot.





And, then it was time for dinner. We met at Queen's Market to find a place to eat. The girlies were wearing Gammie-made dresses. I was in the market with Ella and Lauren and a woman grabbed me and asked me if the girls were twins and where could she buy those dresses. No and you'll have to play their Gammie to sew some more, but thank you!




No comments: