Friday, October 1, 2010

Local soup bones to beef stock to mushroom stew


As I have mentioned a few times, we are lucky enough to get our beef, pork, lamb, chicken, and eggs from a local meat CSA. We never know exactly what we are going to get, but it is always more than enough. This last time, I got some beef soup bones.

Using this recipe, I made stock.

The most noticeable potential problem was that it was more gelatinous than I might have wanted, but it seemed to taste quite good and Sandy LOVED the bones.

Once the stock was made (aka, the next day), I used this recipe to make Mushroom and Beef Stew. Yum! I thought it was quite yummy and will definitely enjoy the leftovers. The kids, of course, found the onion pieces in it, but they both gave it one (as opposed to two) thumbs up.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can almost smell it!