Monday, November 1, 2010

Team Rasmo Cousins Trip HAWAII, Day Nine Sunday

After flying from Kona to Honolulu to Oakland, we slept at the Hampton Inn in Alameda (lovely rooms, btw). We woke up to say goodbye to each other. And, it was Halloween. Brooke passed out funny glasses for the kids.








And, then we had to have a few goodbye pictures. Cousins.







Of course, we had to do some jumping pictures. Unfortunately, we neglected to get the sacred marshmallows of departure. We will not forget again. It felt wrong and dirty to leave without them.





We had so much fun and we are so grateful to Gammie and Papa for helping make this possible. We know that we are blessed to have a family that enjoys spending so much time together and who makes an effort to regularly spend significant time together. I have such awesome siblings who are married to people I also love. I am lucky, lucky, lucky. I hope that my children someday realize who privileged they are and that they never take it for granted.

This all brings me joy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you are prompt with your reports. It inspires me--even if I remain slow. We had such a good time with you guys. The kids have lingered over how great the vacation was and how much they miss their cousins. (We even think that when C screeches it's just because she misses you all so much!) You remain an inspiration for me in my daily life and I'm blessed to have you as my mentor in life. Love you.