Saturday, November 6, 2010

Joy Is. . . A Beautiful Fall Day


I used to live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gorgeous. Lovely. Flowers year round. But, no true fall. Over the past nine years in Kansas, I have truly come to look forward to fall. It is even my favorite running season. Not much better than running on a lovely fall day.

Not that I ran today.

Saturday is my rest day following my Friday long run. It was so lovely, I almost ran today anyway.

Our Ginko tree dropped all her leaves today. You can see them dropping in this picture. She was full in the morning and totally bare by noon.


I've decided that my Hawaii vacation is truly over and that I need to get back to cooking meals, rather than throwing things together or going out. So, I made a Mexican lasagna tonight a la the November issue of Southern Living. Served with butter lettuce/pear salad and garlic green beans. It got a thumbs up for all four members of our human family. So, I'd recommend.

I cannot currently find it on-line, but it is the November 2010 issue (and, I HIGHLY recommend Southern Living).


And, then, for kicks and giggles, I made my first ever sweet potato pie. Also from the November issue. For a pie, I'd say that it isn't too terribly unhealthy. The kids had their requisit three bites plus two more on a voluntary basis. Eric and I finished our slices. But, I'm thinking that this won't be repeated. It wasn't bad, but not awesome either. That said, I'll probably have a slice for breakfast tomorrow morning.



Tomorrow should be another lovely fall day. We have an extra hour, we got to the church we love so much, and I'll get to go out for an easy seven.

No comments: