Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last Day Before October Restart


I went to church last night to take some pictures of the band that was playing.  While there, I danced with a friend's daughter while my friend took some pictures.  Even some pictures of me.  And, yup, I clearly see just how big I have become.

I know that I'd like to drop 30 pounds by my birthday in ten months.  I want to make small lifestyle changes that become lasting.  And, I want to love and accept myself at all stages because, truly, my self-worth is not contingent on my weight.

I have a billion theories on life, but one of them is that change is more likely to become permanent when one is already in a place of self-acceptance before they start.

I accept myself.  This is who I am.  I am a person of worth and value.  Someone who is worthy of respect and compassion from self and others.  So, even though I am not the size or the weight I would prefer, it means I love myself no less and I will not treat myself as less.  This is me.  This is me today.  I am a mother, a wife, an injured runner, an aspiring yogini, a shrink, a friend, and so much more.  I just happen to weigh 30 pounds more than I would like.  Doesn't mean I'm 30 pounds less worth anything.

So tomorrow I restart my life.  Get ready.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it. I need me some of that self-love. Thank you for inspiring me.