Sunday, February 28, 2010

Notice Name Nurture - Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's that time of the week again.

It's been a good week what with "anticipation," but "anticipation" that was followed very quickly with signs of a rapidly approaching spring. It warmed up to the mid-30s, I saw the first flower of the season, the snow and ice are mostly melted, and I was really hoping that Spring would spring. So, this week's Notice Name Nurture would be so gratifying! I mean, shoot, I nourished "Anticipation," right?

So, the kids and I went for a walk to the park. Well, they went on their scooters and I walked.


As you can see, the snow and ice is melting and almost gone. So, clearly, I would be able to capture some meaningful sign of hope and spring, right?

We went to the park and the kids played while I went in search of some beautiful picture what would describe "Notice." It was brilliant, especially after "Anticipation," right?

Ha! There was nothing Spring-like or beautiful other than the melting snow. I was coming up with some things having to do with that, but what was really calling to me was. . . .Patience.

NO! I want something symbolic and meaningful. Something deep.

No. . . Patience.

Sigh.

But, all the while when I was contemplating Patience and trying to find appropriate things to photograph that were both beautiful AND had to do with Patience, I was listening to my children playing Hide And Go Seek:

Jonathan, "28, 29, 30, ready or not here I come!"

Lauren, "I'm not ready yet!"

Jonathan, "ready or not here I come!"

Lauren, "I'm not ready yet!"

Jonathan, "ready or not. . . HERE I COME!"

Lauren, "I AM NOT READY YET!"

Yeah, that is me with Spring. Ready or not, I want to find you. . . Spring, I AM ready, but you are not.

Patience.

Anticipation WITH Patience.

I am ready. . . . But, I can wait until it is time. I will nourish Patience.


No comments: