Friday, February 26, 2010

Do you see what I see?!?

Or TOTAL JOY!

First of all, it was beautiful today. The quality of the light is changing toward springish.

I slept horribly (if at all), then got up, did the usual Friday Starbucks for the kids, walk Lauren to class, and then I dropped the buddy off so that I could go to the dentist and the chiropractor by myself. So, I took advantage of his being at school and went out for a LOVELY five mile run followed by six strides. Was great. Then, I picked him up, we went to lunch, and then hit the grocery store before driving home.

He wanted popcycles. Fine. So, we got popcycles and played outside:



When the school kids came home on the school bus, the weather was nice enough that we all decided to play in the street - moms and kids. We hadn't seen each other since our neighborhood cruise to the Bahamas.

But, the BEST (!!!!) was as I was going in, I spied this:


Remember back just a few days when I talked about anticipation? Well, this is what I was most craving. The first flower of the year. My heart skipped a few beats. She is on her way.

Spring.

No comments: