Friday, December 10, 2010

Clogs!



I cannot tell you how much I have wanted clogs since I was the age Lauren is now. I vividly remember our first Christmas in France (I was eight - Lauren is eight) really wanting clogs.

I am 41 and I have NEVER had a pair of clogs.

So, this year, I found the Christmas dress I knew Lauren would most want and, guess what, it had a pair of matching clogs. Financially, it was not necessarily the right decision for me at this particular time. But, she did need some shoes (she generally has two pair - a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of flip flops; she used to have a thing about the feel of all other shoes and refused to wear anything else, but has grown out of that). Anyway, they came and I gave them to her. She LOVES them (so do I).

So, while I still have never had a pair of clogs, my eight-year-old gets to live out my eight-year-old wish. And, that is even better.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Super cute. Love them!