Friday, August 20, 2010

Sandy, Three Months, One Week


Okay, this dog took a step back yesterday. It is likely my fault. I say the following: "I think that she is 95% housebroken and any mistakes will likely be ours."

Since then, we've had MULTIPLE accidents. Including poop all over our bathroom. Ugh.

And, this dog refuses to go on walks and chews everything she isn't supposed to chew.

So, it is, as I said, likely my fault.

She is in the crate right now. She isn't allowed free in the house until she has peed outside. I'm taking her out every 15 minutes and she is playing, but not peeing. So, back to the crate.

I'm watching all the Dog Whisperer I can and have finished his book about puppies. I'm working on being Calm Assertive and I think that it will not be a problem for me.

But, we have a couple of goals for this week. The first, most important, is the walk. She has got to get to walking. A well exercised dog is a good dog and I want her to be a good dog. So, that is primary. Secondary is the housetraining. Third is the chewing on people. Redirect, redirect, redirect.

Love this dog. Love this dog.

No comments: